Every CLE course has an area called a dock, where course blocks can be moved to help CLE users customize their learning space. By default, all blocks are undocked and appear on left and/or right side of the course. Blocks remain docked as you move from course to course in the CLE and is user specific – so just because an instructor docks a block does not mean students will see the block docked in the course as well.
Resources: Click the tab above to learn how to dock blocks in the CLE.
Dock and Undock Blocks
All CLE users have the ability to customize courses by docking blocks. Any docked blocks appear as vertical tabs along the left margin of the CLE. Blocks remained docked as you move from course to course in the CLE and is user specific.
To dock a block in the CLE:
- Log in to the CLE (cle.ucsf.edu)
- While in a CLE course or on the My Home page, navigate to the block that you would like to dock
- From the top of the block, click the Dock Navigation block icon
- The block moves to the dock on the left side of the page
- Access content in the block by hovering over the dock
To undock a block in the CLE:
- While in a CLE course or on the My Home page, navigate to the dock on the left-side of the course
- Hover over the docked block and click the Undock Navigation block icon
- Undock all blocks with a click of a button using the Undock All Blocks icon in the bottom-left of the course page
Collapse and Expand Blocks
To collapse and expand a block:
- While in a CLE course or on the My Home page, navigate to the block that you would like to collapse
- From the top of the block, click the Collapse block icon
- The block will collapse to hide content inside of the block
- Access content in the block by clicking the Expand icon
Video coming soon!